Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

1990 Corsica, stalling out while slowing + engine very hot

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2006, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Corsica, stalling out while slowing + engine very hot

Yeay new problem. I recently replaced the headlamp dimmer switch which was no biggy. Replaced all 4 brakes,drums,rotors, etc this past weekend. Then my battery died. It wouldn`t start in the morning after a cold night. Jumped it. Didn`t start the next morning, jumped it. Charged it the next morning for 4 hours, wouldn`t start. Tried jumping it, didn`t work. The battery gave out. Fine I say. Bought a new battery and the cars running again. However when I slow down, the battery light comes on quick and the car stalls out. If it doesn`t stall, it gets real quiet like it`ll stall then gets like a jump of power back up to idle. If I turn the car on it idles fine until i put it in gear, then it sounds like its laboring to get ready to go. When I stop it usually sounds like it`ll stall out, but then barely remains running until kicking back to idle. Suggestions on what could be going on? I checked the computer and no codes are stored.

In addition, my engine seems to get very hot very quick, and takes for ever to cool down. I just checked the collant well, and its sides were sucked in like a soda bottle thats been around a long time. The coolant level it at the normal "full cold" line, but the engine seems to not be getting cooled. Help!
Old December 15th, 2006, 7:25 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 1990 Corsica, stalling out while slowing + engine very hot

it might be ur alternator
try taking it off and taking it to get tested at autozone or a place like that
if u need a new one make sure your battery is fully charged or it will kill it again

as for the cooling issue
try putting a new radiator cap on it

good luck
Old December 15th, 2006, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 1990 Corsica, stalling out while slowing + engine very hot

i will try that this weekend, any other suggestions of what could be the problem?