Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

96 Corsica Plans

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 96 Corsica Plans

Hello, I was just kind of curious on what some people would think of my design that I am going to do with my 1996 Chevy Corsica. First of all currently the car is white with red interior.

Anyway first I plan on removing the hood and painting it black, then I want to take the rims off and sand the heck out of them, (because they are so rusty that they just need to be done anyway) and paint those black as well. Then recently I had a friend total his Beretta Z26 so I took the spoiler off of it and it will fit perfectly on the Corsica. I am going to paint the spoiler black as well.

When I am done with that I am trying to decide what I want to do, if i want to try and make my 3100 Sfi fast or find a 3.8 and throw that in there. I am going to ask for your help with that decision. Also what should I add to either of the engines to make them faster?

Thanks,
-Ian
Old December 23rd, 2012, 2:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxstreetknightxx
Hello, I was just kind of curious on what some people would think of my design that I am going to do with my 1996 Chevy Corsica. First of all currently the car is white with red interior.

Anyway first I plan on removing the hood and painting it black, then I want to take the rims off and sand the heck out of them, (because they are so rusty that they just need to be done anyway) and paint those black as well. Then recently I had a friend total his Beretta Z26 so I took the spoiler off of it and it will fit perfectly on the Corsica. I am going to paint the spoiler black as well.

When I am done with that I am trying to decide what I want to do, if i want to try and make my 3100 Sfi fast or find a 3.8 and throw that in there. I am going to ask for your help with that decision. Also what should I add to either of the engines to make them faster?

Thanks,
-Ian

The 3100 SFI uses high compression as it is, it will not really get much more, I'd say 5 PSI at most from a turbo...

The 3800 v8 is different, and the mountings are different.
You will need to custom design a way to mount it in there.
Also the 3100 SFI trans might not attach to the 3800 v6, so the 3800 trans has to come as well, which means different drive shafts on each side, which means to much to change...lol

--------------------------------------------

Here is what I want to do if I had the time on my 1996 Beretta:
(Same like your Corsica, only its a Beretta, same 3100 v6 same mounts).

1) 3400 SFI v6 block, overbore it by a little, like 0.02 or whatever.
2) Get 3500 v6 heads and intake parts.
3) The 3400 block keeps its timing cover.
4) Buy a cam, get the bottom end, and pistons and whatever from summit racing.
5) Some people use the 3100 head gasket because it is thinner which will yeld higher compression, but I want to stick with the 3400 gasket simply because it is a bit thicker and seems better to me...
6) I will use the 5 spd manual trans from the 1996 beretta v6 engine.
7) I want to use a centrifugal supercharger, but a turbo might fit better. And then boost it as much as possible.
8) free flowing exhauust.

With this setup, the 3400 is very similar to the 3100 v6, except for one engine mount, will need some modding.

Anyways, you will also have to find an ECM to tune for it as well as a 2 bar map and what ever else.

There are people who have done this already, you have to search around on other forums.
Here is a good place to start, but if you post, they will probably tell you to search around too...lol
http://www.beretta.net/

good luck with your Corsica.