right turn signal shorting and smoking - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

right turn signal shorting and smoking

Old August 7th, 2018, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Angry right turn signal shorting and smoking

I have a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34. The other day I was going to turn right. I click the level down and it just popped back up. Tried it again and same thing so I held it down while turning and smoke a whiff of it came out of the steering column. Thought I might be seeing something but smelled that electric fire smoke smell. So stopped using turn signals. I started the car the other day and it just starting it it sounded like my hazards and turn signals came on by themselves. I turned the car off waited and restarted it no problems. Is it the turn signal cam T19 I think its called you think or something else? Its not popping a fuse so that makes me think its ignition related but im not sure. HELP!

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: