Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Trouble with a 1990 Corsica

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2017, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with a 1990 Corsica

First things first, I'm getting a tune up this Monday.

Every time that it rains, my car will jerk and stall and just overall give up. The day after it rains though, she'll be fine. So I think water is getting in somewhere and messing everything up to the point she won't even start anymore. I just have no idea where water could be getting in or how to find out. It rained on Wednesday and my car was absolutely not having it. I think this was the worst she's acted up. I couldn't go under 50, because if I did, she'd jerk for about five minutes then stall. I added fuel injection cleaner (??) And the next day I guess all the water burned up and it was fine. I had three people checking out my car Wednesday night, and they all said everything in the engine was dry. I was told maybe the distributor cap is cracked and water is getting into something electrical? I have no clue what that is or where it is. Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Second problem, my cassette player clicks. I put in an actual cassette and it clicked as well as my aux adapter cassette. I took the gears out of the adapter one thinking that they were getting caught inside and making the noise but that wasn't the problem because obviously after I did that, I tried the actual cassette. Every time it click, it turns the radio down just to click and then it turns back up. If it was clicking without doing that, it'd be fine but it's really bothering me. I had an fm adapter as well that worked great until the end broke off in my phone so I'm extremely reluctant to get a new one. That's why I wanted to use the cassette but I can't because of the noise. I tried to take the radio out but I didn't realize it would come out as a giant box of everything that's in there, so I can't get into the player itself since it obviously doesn't just come out. I don't want to break my radio trying to fix it so I just screwed it back into place and left it alone. Again, any help with this problem would be appreciated as well.