Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Where does this vacuum line go??

Old March 29th, 2012, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this vacuum line go??

Hey new to the forums.

well, im working on finding out whats making my chevy lumina miss. Its the 3.1 v6. Its a 1993. and i decided to check the vacuum lines. and ended up coming accross a T shape plastic piece that has two vacuum lines running from it. and one side has a small piece Of tube that seems broken off. its under the air filter housing area. i went to a chevy dealer and he couldnt figure out what it was to. so i decided to cap it with a little bit of electrical tape. started it up and the motor still has a miss, but now my climate control can switch settings now and my cruise control works now. i would still like to know what the line is supposed to run to. And could it possibly cause a miss?

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...k/IMAG0039.jpg ^^that is the T shaped piece i was talking about.

Also another thing i found was a second wiring harness that is with the harness that plugs into some sort of sensor in my air box. im not sure if its of any importance, but either way it doesnt seem right just being exposed like that.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...k/IMAG0041.jpg ^^the harness with the blue seal around it (the left one) is the one that connects to the air box sensor, the one im wondering about is the one on the right.

anyone have an idea??
Old March 29th, 2012, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, for the vacuum leak, it ended up running to a big round plastic ball under my front bumper. The vacuum line running from that is severed in half. The harness I still don't know.

But NOW I came across a huge vacuum leak due to the wrong size hose (too big) on the Evap Canister thing. The big silver canister by my gas tank that has two hoses running from it. I'm assuming one is an inlet and one is an outlet. Now Would a vacuum leak coming from that cause a miss??? I'm going to replace the hose tomorrow after I get off work.
Old April 10th, 2012, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Update:

I have figured out what was causing the terrible running conditions in my lumina. After replacing the MAP sensor, TPS, fuel filter, plugs and wires, checking vacuum lines. Then finally I back probed the harness to the MAP and no voltage was showing on my ohm meter. Traced wires back and It turned out to be 3 wires (black, brown, green) that were near my ecm under the coolant resivior. All 3 were torn in half. And I'm pretty sure each of those were to my MAP sensor. (maybe sabotage???)

Either way, I crimped em back together. Started it up and the car runs brand new. All the power is back, no rough idle.

So that was the reason for my trouble code 33.