Bolt EV New Chevrolet Bolt forum to discuss GM's budget Bolt EV with 200+ mile electric range!
Chevrolet Bolt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

Finding charging stations along route with the MyChevrolet app?

Old April 9th, 2017, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding charging stations along route with the MyChevrolet app?

On the chevyevlife.com website, there is a video with Josh Tavel, a vehicle chief engineer, called "Where can I charge BOLT EV when I'm not at home?".

In it, he states that with the MyChevrolet app
"... We're going to go ahead and tell you where those (public) charging stations are, so you can actually go ahead and plan your your trip and where you are going, and it will tell you where different fast chargers or level II chargers are located on your route."
I downloaded the app, but I don't have a Bolt to setup a full login. I don't see any mapping or navigation function, and I don't know whether this functionality becomes available when you have a full login, or whether it is something proposed but not yet implemented. Mr. Tavel is speaking in the future tense, so it could have fallen by the wayside, in which case Chevy should update it's video.

Does anyone have experience with this? I live on the west coast and would like this to be my one and only car. I enjoy a road trip, and right now, a longer route is necessitated due to limited charging availability.
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes it does

The My Chevrolet app does show charging stations. you select the Vehicle Status (which shows the range) and on the next screen it shows "Find Charging Stations". When you press that it shows all the local charging stations. It shows them on a map. You can select one and it will give you the address, it can send it to maps or to turn-by-turn, and it shows available connections. You can also view a list of the stations if you want. When you select one by the map or the list it shows it on the map, then the other details.
Old April 21st, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. It sounds like an Onstar feature, possibly one that will necessitate a subscription after the trial period.
Old April 21st, 2017, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the Onstar connection, but I do know each Charging Network has a Smartphone app that will pass directions to your phone after you locate a charging station. I also know that Apple Maps will show you EV charging stations, I bet Android does too.

Search this Thread