Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2014 Camaro wont release key intermediately

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2019, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Camaro wont release key intermediately

My car has been temper-mental on releasing my key after i park and am ready to get out. I have tried restarting and shutting off but that didn't work. Try turning off with brake on and it doesn't work. Only time it seems to give key to me is after multiple times of turning it on (not started) and taking from P to another gear then pushing the selector up into P hard. Sometimes works firs try others can take multiple tries. Very tired of this to the point i want to sell the car but i owe too much! Any help would be appreciated as local chevy dealer kept for 2 weeks and couldn't get it to do it. Have extended warranty so would rather get it fixed with that before it runs out! Thanks!
Old May 8th, 2019, 8:59 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

my 04 imp had this issue and it had the dash key. yours should be different but on mine when it was stuck i took something and tapped on the key when it stuck in the ignition and this freed the key. but then this could be something to do with the ecm not knowing what gear the car is in.