Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2016 Camaro SS Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2020, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Camaro SS Electrical Issues

I currently own a 2016 Camaro 2SS, Automatic, with under 34,000 miles. I bought it in late '16. I've always loved Camaros, and this is my fourth. They've all been V8's, and I loved all the ones PRIOR TO MY '16 SS. I've had, prior to my '16 SS, 2 Z28's (1986 and 1998) and a 70's V8 Berlinetta (I think).

Anyway, I've had the following issues with the '16 SS, which I believe are related and, for lack of a better word, systemic:

1. The apparently common "slow start" issue. I had the battery replaced under warranty, but the problem persists. I've read there is a class action lawsuit involving all Camaros from 2010 on, that has to do with heat shielding around the starter causing problems; I read that the lawsuit alleges GM knew and knows about it. It is easy to google.
2. Infotainment screen failure.
3. Coolant temp sensor failure, intermittent then fatal.
4. Thermostat failure.
4. Intermittent failures with Radio -- freezes up.
5. Remote gate opener glitch/failure, so far intermittent.
6. Windshield washer pump failure.

As you can imagine, the car has been left at the dealer on several occasions, overnight and longer. I've incurred rental expenses.

I suppose I should note here that the above list doesn't constitute an exhaustive list. The black paint quickly came off all four Brembo brake calipers, and I've had issues relating to the recall on the car's 8 speed automatic, since replaced by GM. And an apparently incurable squeak/rattle issue in the driver side door, no big deal.

In any event, nothing is perfect. I certainly can live with the paint issue, and suck it up on the squeak/rattle. BUT I'm extremely and increasingly concerned here with these vexing, serial, and so far UNENDING electrical problems to disparate areas of this poor car, which I always wanted to love.

So, I'm anxiously asking whether any other folks here have had similar, or other multiple electrical failures and issues -- and if they had, to please describe them in reply.

Incidentally, the dealer's second service writer with whom I've dealt, says these issues aren't especially remarkable, nor are they related in his opinion, and, that this doesn't constitute anywhere close to me having a "lemon"! (LOL, I guess it has to be REALLY bad.)

Thanks in advance for any info on any similar experiences any of you might have endured.