Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

87 z28 camaro

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 z28 camaro

always loved camaros and im getting my first one on thursday. it has some cosmetic issues that need to be taken care of tho. first off the front passenger fender needs to either have the dents be banged out or completely replaced. is it easy to remove the fender? i would think so. and then the drivers side mirror was victem of a hit and run. in order to remove it do i just pull off the interior door panel and unbolt it from inside? or is there some special way to remove it.

also it has the 305 4barrel with a dynomax exhaust. does the dynomax system add any worthy amount of power to it? or is it about the same as stock
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 87 z28 camaro

third gen f body, my favorite i want to congradulate you on such a fine choice. you shouldn't have trouble removing the fender but i wouldn't say its easy either. it is time consuming.you want to take your time on any project and more on this one. you want to make sure you mark everything as a referrence point to put back together before you start dismantling. if you don't mark you'll have troublealigning your hood,and trouble with your door hitting the fender. also tape edges to preserve your paint. i've never had a dynomax but anyaftermarket exhaust is better than stock or so i think. if it hasn't already been done between me and you remove the catalytic converter.wait untill you register the car to passemissions first. it gives it a different exhaust note.also frees up some ponies.good luck on your new project, i remeber my dads z28's i think i slept in them for a week.
Old September 19th, 2008, 2:19 AM
CF Beginner

im probably going to just leave the cat on. ill find other ways to free up ponies. ill put on new cats but im still going to keep them on
Old December 7th, 2008, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

The dyno max will increase airflow by very little, and sound greatBut as far as hp boosting, get some nice headers on there, i suggest "Hooker Headers", or flowtech will be fine. Go dual exhaust in the back and get an x-pipe in the centre, that should... make 20+hp, witch is definatly noticable