Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Beware

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2017, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Beware

I am a 1st time new Chevy Camaro owner, and my first will be my last. I owned a 1980 Z28 while I was in HS and absolutely loved that car, I bought a used 1995 Camaro and really liked it. I finally had enough income to afford my first brand new Camaro SS and the bonus was a 50th anniversary. I had to pinch myself that I finally owned a car I wanted my whole life and 455hp of pure joy, that is for the first 45 days. The engine noise started on a trip into work and I was close to my 7500 mile service so I schedule the appointment and took her in, well they didn't hear the noise and tightened up some stuff under the dash to be safe, which didn't fix the issue, next time I brought it in the SM heard the noise and almost 30 days at the shop later it's not fixed and no one knows what the problem is. Dealer has been awesome GM has not. The dealer Sweeney Chevrolet has called me every day and apologiesed a million times, GM has not returned one call yet, clearly a lemon and they won't do what is right. I will never buy another GM product and warn you all, if you have issues do not expect GM to step up and resolve the issue. Looks like I will have to contact an attorney tomorrow and start lemon law process. Absolute major let down

Last edited by Rick44445; May 24th, 2017 at 7:57 PM.
Old May 25th, 2017, 9:30 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Good luck on your lemon law soiree.
Old May 28th, 2017, 9:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your troubles, Did you get enough tissues? While I understand your pain you act like GM is the only manufacturer who has had problems. Every stinking one of them has. So go buy your Ford, Dodge, Honda or what ever you want to buy and the best of luck to you. I know there is more to this story than you are telling. btw it takes three trips to the dealer to enact the lemon law status. Curious on what the noise is and what is it doing? You didn't state that and why don't you contact GM reps right here on the board, just give them a PM with your vin and what your problem is.