Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Camaro Fuel Pump Issue

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Camaro Fuel Pump Issue

Hi all, my fuel pump on my 2000 Chevy Camaro V6 Auto trans has gone out and I am in the middle of replacing it, but I need your help.

Currently, I cut into the trunk to use the trap door method to access the fuel pump (Pictures included) and I have unplugged my battery, and all fuel lines and connectors that are attached to the pump. I am stuck on how to lift the pump out...

It seems I would beat it with a mallet and rod counter clockwise, and then lift out but it doesn't seem to budge. Is this the correct thing to do, and any further advice on whats next for me once I get it out???

If you have replaced the fuel pump, I would LOVE to see photos of your job for better reference. Thank you SOO much!

Best regards,

Puremusk
Attached Thumbnails Camaro Fuel Pump Issue-car4.jpg   Camaro Fuel Pump Issue-car3.jpg   Camaro Fuel Pump Issue-car2.jpg