Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

For Customer Care

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2011, 5:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For Customer Care

I copied this from another forum. I have the same "normal" noise front and rear.

Firstly... My new Camaro is a great car... however I have one gripe..Many other forums have repeated this complaint...Camaros have a front suspension (strut or defective mounts) clunking at low speeds especially over rough roads...GM has a bulletin out acknowledging this "problem" but is trying to bury it by claiming "Normal Operation" ... Does the 2012 SS FE4 suspension with new dampeners address and correct this issue...If so, there are going to be a lot of 10/11 Camaros pushing for warranty replacement upgrades... Any one with inside info on this issue "a definite problem"
GM Acknowledging there is clunk, lumbering, popping noise in the front of this vehicle is not as they put it "normal operation" and grounds for a safety concern... even escalating to possible recall...hopefully they will step up to the plate being the "NEW GM" they say they are.... Lets us see...
Old October 1st, 2011, 8:02 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent noticed it on my car, although I only have put about 3200 miles on my car in the 6 months I've owned it
Old October 2nd, 2011, 4:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It hasn't changed for many many yrs where your best customer service is contacting Chevrolet directly and not any middle man like a dealership.Make sure you have all vin numbers and ref numbers before you call.LOL-then wait until you are having your worst day of the yr to pose you case to them.Don't back down!!!.You want to insist on speaking to dept supervisors only.
Old October 8th, 2011, 5:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supervisors only...I'll remember that! Thanks, T!