Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Looking For Audio System Upgrade Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2014, 12:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Audio System Upgrade Suggestions!

Hello everyone!

I just recently purchased a brand new 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT RS and am looking to upgrade every speaker as well as add dual subwoofers. I’m looking for some recommendations as far as brand/quality. However, the only caveat is my purchase is limited to Best Buy items (and only items sold by Best Buy – not marketplace sellers through bestbuy.com) as I have a discount. I don’t necessarily have a ‘budget’ but I would like to go fairly high-end. Essentially, not the ‘best of the best’ but a step below. I do not have a brand preference, but sound quality is very important to me. I’m not the greatest when it comes to cars – I’m very much a computer guy – so any build advice would be great. I would like to retain my factory deck – it has the navigation built in and what not.

So, in short – I’m looking for the following:

- All speakers replaced
- 2x subwoofers 10” or 12”
I will also be purchasing this subwoofer enclosure and could use some guidance as far as what measurement I would need depending on the subwoofers:
2010 to 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Dual Subwoofer Enclosure - Sound Off Audio, Inc.
- An amplifier
- Anything else that is needed to complete the build. I’m not sure if there are any special wires/components that I need to consider? Possibly insulation material to help prevent vibration rattle?

If there’s any information that I left out, please let me know and I will gladly provide it.

Thank you!