Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A lil help on Audio/Video Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2007, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A lil help on Audio/Video Upgrade

I have an 07 Tahoe LT, with Bose and 6 disc stereo. Bought the (part # 15923583) same stereo but adds the dvd to the deck.

Here is the ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

Guy says in the add that it can be done, and I have called 3 dealers and they say it won't work. Not because it isn't compatible, but they don't know how to do it. I told them from what I have researched, that the Tech 2 device should be able to decode the VIN when installed. But they are not sure.

Anyone have any information that I can relay to the dealers? Or maybe a dealer that has done this? The guy on the ebay auction said this could be done, but of course he has stopped replying to me...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old April 11th, 2007, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A lil help on Audio/Video Upgrade

I had to type up instructions for my dealer to activate my DVD-Nav so they can do it. Im sure the instructions for unlocking the Nav and the non-nav DVD are the same.

Just tell them this

With Tech-2 connected to the vehicle go to the Service Programming mode and select “get vehicle information” and follow the prompts to download the module info into Tech-2.
Now disconnect Tech-2 and connect it to the Techline TIS computer and enter SPS menu select “radio” and then it will ask you a few questions regarding the radio, amp, etc,

Tell them:
Remove Theftlock
With Rear Entertainment System (U42)
without Y91
region 1 NTCS

when done in the menu download the programming and then connect Tech-2 back up and install the software when done turn ignition off , unplug Tech-2 and wait at least 30 seconds to turn the key back on and your done.

But then again, you may just have to tell them to remove the theftlock and the DVD and the AUX Video would work. I bought a plug from JP customs that had the RCA DVD output on it which made it easier to install a aftermarket screen to my DVD-Nav. Check out the links that gm-geek posted, it was under Nav Video out. It showed them doing what you want to do but to a escalade

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eo+integration

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eo+integration