Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

need help finding 73 camaro numbers

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2017, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding 73 camaro numbers

hi some guy is selling this 73 camaro and i need to know where all the tags and numbers are to see if its a matching number car and find out what was its original:
color , engine , tranny , interior . wheels , real RS or not , how many carbs , if it had stripes , interior color , etc...

but i dont know where the numbers are , and looks like there is more than just 1 vin number and i should be looking for cowl tag and trim tag also?

can someone show me with pictures where are these numbers? the owner says its 73 SS and since they didnt make any 73 SS im really skeptical.

we don't have many 70-73 camaro's here in Iran so its kind of rare , he is asking 25 grand for it , does not look super clean but its decent.

thank you in advance , some of the cars pictures (taken from the ad)

Old November 15th, 2017, 9:41 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The wheels certainly don't appear to be original. The trim and paint tags are usually on the hinge pillar on the driver's side. You might try Googling for Camaro matching part number locations.
Old November 16th, 2017, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

The wheels certainly don't appear to be original. The trim and paint tags are usually on the hinge pillar on the driver's side. You might try Googling for Camaro matching part number locations.

hello , thanks for reply , i did search for that but didnt find pictures for 73 exactly , so does the cowl tag contain all the info i need or is there another number , also its not a Z28 if it has A/C right?
Old November 17th, 2017, 9:05 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Since the 73 Z-28 had the same engine as my 73 L-82, I think it could have air conditioning because mine could. Not sure if the Z-28 Camaro had the last portion of the VIN stamped on the engine block in front of the right head. That would tell you if the engine was the original unless it had been restamped. Corvettes also had the VIN stamped on the frame on the driver side where it went up over the rear axle. I don't know if the Camaros ever had that or not.
Old November 18th, 2017, 7:38 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

The cowl tag will tell you year, where it was made, and interior, exterior colors.