Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Problem w/ my 2013 Comaro LS

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2013, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help.......Problem w/ my 2013 Camaro LS

I purchased a 2013 Camaro on 12/15/12 (my christmas present). On 12/22/12, I got in it and it wouldnt start(nor jump off) so GM towed it in to the dealer . They said they had to reprogram the ECM, and I picked it up on 12/24/12. Everything was fine until 01/31/13 when I got to work and took the keys out and my camaro continued to run(yeah!!!) the dealer said that they would come and tow it in and they did at 6:30 pm ( yep my car ran all day from 9 am til 6:30pm) they called me the next day and said they had to replace the ECM . On 02/04/13 I picked up my camaro from the dealer and drove it til 02/07/13 when I got home to cut it off ,took the keys out and it wouldnt turn off again!!!! The Dealer talked me through unhooking a relay and the battery and they picked it up 02/08/13. They called me 02/08/13 and told me the ECM needed reprogramming again and they would keep it til Mon. It happened again with them Fri after they reprogrammed it. They now say that they had to do a forced reprogram on it and I should not have anymore trouble....... I have 3 claims w/ GM and have asked to be put in another car as I feel like there is something major wrong with this one. Has anyone had problems with their camaro? I will find out tomorrow if the GM Rep will give me another Camaro, Wish me luck.

Last edited by KIMBER_MARIN; February 13th, 2013 at 1:15 PM. Reason: added word
Old February 13th, 2013, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Kimber being a technician i have never seen any problem like this with the new camaros. It is a shame that this is happening. There is only one piece of advice i can tell you. This being the third or fourth time in for this concern i would personally call GM and speak with one of there reps so they can put the pressure on the dealership diagnosing your car for you. Unfortunately some things do slip past and seam fixed to the technician for hundreds of tries but its time for them to give you a rental and fix the thing.
Old February 14th, 2013, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

I have contacted GM all 4 times this has happened and they said they would look into it and the vehicle is fixed to pick it up! The dealer called me on Monday and offered me 2 car payments and $100 for gas I told them no, it's not about the money its about the problem!!! I do not want to drive this car because I am scared it will mess up again. GM has not given me an answer as to what they will do except given me a "smartcare package" for my inconvience!!! I do have a lawyer that wants to take my case, but I am just trying to wait to see if GM will step up to the plate and do the right thing. The dealer , the service dept and GM Rep will have a meeting today to decide on what to do about my car!!!