Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

supercharged Camaro!

Old May 26th, 2005, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharged Camaro!

Does anyone knowif a 1998 3800 3.8L V6 Grand Prix's supercharger would fit a 1998 3800 3.8L V6 Camaro???? LET ME KNOW Be4 I WASTE MY MONEY!!! THANKS!! </P>

</P>

~BRAD~</P>
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

hey, brad i was just wondering if you ever found the answer to your question i have been trying all night to find the same answer. ebay has the eaton type m90 supercharger but i dont no what kind of mods would have to be put on for it all to work together any help would be greatly appreciated.</P>

</P>
Old December 3rd, 2005, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

hey, i was wondering the same thing a while back so i asked a guy who had one on ebay for sale. he said that the supercharger for the 3.8l on the grand prix does not fit any 3.8l camaro. the grand prix is front wheel drive and the engine is tilted a different direction because of that so the supercharger wont fit the camaro. hope this helps!
Old December 5th, 2005, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

From the research that i have done, i think that it is very possible mechanically, with a couple, not to drastic changes. First of course you will need to remove all of the stock, naturaly aspirated, 3800 intake manifold off, along with the fuel injectors. What you are gonna need is a GTP intake manifold, a GTP supercharger, and someone to help you with an actual intake tube that has a 180 degree bend so that you can get the air to the supercharger inlet.
You will need to hack the computer, and that is where i have no clue how it will work. Also new pulleys will probably be needed. The programing,modification and fabrication needed to do this make it difficult, but plausible, but no, its not gonna bolt on in a day.
I am planning on trying this soon, and i will also see about making a guide or kit of sorts.

-EDIT: I havent figured out how to run the fuel or cooling, i was looking over my Camaro's engine, and there are a bunch of vacum lines too, it could be complicated, but im gonna try in the spring, might just build a pontiac GTA engine and swap it with and ECU and all. (then i will put the 3800 in my Samurai!!!)<edited><editID>mrstaplepants</editID><editDate>38693.458599537</editDate></edited>
Old February 20th, 2006, 2:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: supercharged Camaro!

I have heard of companies about 1/2 a year ago that were about to come out with some superchargers. web pages like http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=0 come out with great stuff just not for camaro yet. I would also be careful of a pontiac 3.8 blower because they are front wheel drive. I have seen to many people with modified blowers or hoods because pontiac's engin's end at the pasanger wheel and they have more hood room to play with. sorry I do not know what kind of blowers the cars that I have seen used, but I bet it is eaiser to find a company that just makes on for RWD 3.8L
Old March 13th, 2006, 5:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: supercharged Camaro!

us monte owners try and do it all time, u cant get any 3.8 if you wanna grab a sc from a sc'd 3.8 u gotta do all kinds of other **** like piston heads, connecting rods, pushrods etc. better off pulling out the actual l67 engine from the newer monte's gtp's whatever its in now, with the super charger, oh ya grab the intake manifold of course,wiring harness, as for the computer mod u can get one for an easy 400, mod it with taht, user higher octane rating, heres a good site for 3800 performance, http://www.intense-racing.com/. the www.3800performance is a good one too. oh ya u can also buy the modded block ready for the sc and other performace parts on the intense site, oh ya i am in no way shape or form representatives of any of these sites i jus dream about modding my monte during my cis classes. that engine should get u to 240, but they sell better sc's that give you more.