Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

What is this on my Camaro 2014 2ls?

Old August 1st, 2018, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this on my Camaro 2014 2ls?

Hi,

I just broke my windshield and was scheduled for a change today but they said the regular glass they had wont work because i had a remote start?

When i got the car, i knew i had no hud display or remote start and when i researched it this appears to be a Keyless entry module.

I guess my question really is, will a regular windshield work?

Last edited by Ashieboy; August 1st, 2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashieboy
Hi,

I just broke my windshield and was scheduled for a change today but they said the regular glass they had wont work because i had a remote start?

When i got the car, i knew i had no hud display or remote start and when i researched it this appears to be a Keyless entry module.

I guess my question really is, will a regular windshield work?

Might want to find a different auto glass shop. They are probably trying to up-sell you to a more expensive windshield. If you dont have remote start, then that's no issue at all, not that I think it was ever an issue. Sounds like a lot of horse**** to me.
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That might be true but its just additional 10 bucks so i doubt that they were trying to scam me for that amount. I guess I'm just skeptical about not getting serviced today because of this thing.

And i was wondering if this is indeed part of a remote start module where a different glass is required
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

hard to know sometimes with all the new technology. That's a dealer question. If it matters, removing the wrong glass is a pita.
the part number googles out to be a receiver for wireless options...tpm, remote start, passive entry, keyless entry.

Search this Thread