Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

1990 Chevy Caprice 5.0L/ 2004r trans swap to 7.4L vortec/ custom 4L60e tranny

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2018, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Chevy Caprice 5.0L/ 2004r trans swap to 7.4L vortec/ custom 4L60e tranny

Hey guys, Im new to the forum so bare wit me. First I'll start by saying Im a beginner at doing custom swaps. So I snatched out the 305 and 200 4r tranny to install a big block vortec 7.4L with a custom 4L60E tranny (trust me I already know about going 80E, but decided to go 60e because I wont be doing a major bolt on job. Just aftermarket headers and thats it. & Im only doing that because I ran into a problem while installing. Passenger motor mount lines up perfectly, but driver side seems to not have enough clearance. The power steering pulley hits the power steering pump. I was wondering has anyone ever done this particular swap or a big block conversion on a box chevy & if so, let me know some things you had to do in order to avoid this clearance issue. Also, I notice the brackets on the chassis for the motor mount can be moved back towards the firewall, which in my opinion looks as if it is moved back a bit, will allow clearance for the power steering pulley. Thx in advance!