Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

1991 caproice classic 305 fuel injected no injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2017, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 caproice classic 305 fuel injected no injector pulse

Hello,

swapping a 305 caprice classic engine in a 65 c10. basically unplugged harness at engine and put engine in the truck. At the bulkhead connector, I have put 12V to the pink (key on hot), orange (hot constant), and purple (starter trigger). I also have 12v to the fuel pump. The engine cranks, and will fire with gas poured in the throttle body. The fuel pump is running and has fuel flowing through it. I have no pulse at the injector with a noid light. I am guessing I am missing either a ground or hot lead for the injection somewhere. Anyone know where I could get the pinout of the bulkhead connector, or the color of the wire I am missing? I have tried both injectors and no light on either.

engine was running when removed. attached is photo of the bulkhead connector.

Thanks for any guidance.
Attached Thumbnails 1991 caproice classic 305 fuel injected no injector pulse-20170922_160402.jpg  
Old October 5th, 2017, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start with the fuses. It's been a while since I dug in, but does the brain chip in the distributor link to that? I think it sends the pulse to the ignition coil, so absent that, the computer may not turn the injectors on. I know on my Neon there's an "auto shutdown" relay that turns off the fuel pressure, coil primary, and injectors. I've been kind stuck in OBD-II Land for the past few years, so my remembrance of things OBD-I is kind of rusty. I also found the coil primary wire was partially broken, so it kept blowing out the brain chip in the distro.