Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

1992 caprice classic

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 caprice classic

Recently bought my first car (1992 caprice) last Sunday and things started acting funny not long ago, when I try to start the car(turning it over) sometimes the front end of the car (engine area) will shake kinda hard but it doesn't do it all the time. Not to mention it's been snowing and it's been below 0 degrees. Also i went to check the oil and there was no dipstick but there was a small piece of metal attached that had yellow gunk on it also there was oil in my air intake, help!
Old January 26th, 2014, 5:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Yellow gunk.... Probably water/moisture in the oil. Hard to say over the inter webs, but check all your fluids first, look for other signs of cross contamination. You could very well just need to change the engine oil, put in a new PCV valve, and clean out the PCV hoses, and air intake. Maybe the car was not run up to operating temp. long enough, and/or often enough to get all the moisture out of the engine. This is a pretty common issue with the '91-'93 tbi cars.... Especially if owned by older folks.

Shaking front end.... ? No idea... Maybe the car just trying to start, and then stumbling, and stopping?
Old April 14th, 2014, 4:38 AM
CF Active Member

No dip stick ? As in , gone ? If so , replace it as soon as possible . To prevent contamination from entering the engine .

God bless
Wyr
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 200OZ
Yellow gunk.... Probably water/moisture in the oil. Hard to say over the inter webs, but check all your fluids first, look for other signs of cross contamination. You could very well just need to change the engine oil, put in a new PCV valve, and clean out the PCV hoses, and air intake. Maybe the car was not run up to operating temp. long enough, and/or often enough to get all the moisture out of the engine. This is a pretty common issue with the '91-'93 tbi cars.... Especially if owned by older folks.

Shaking front end.... ? No idea... Maybe the car just trying to start, and then stumbling, and stopping?
Hey im having problems 91 caprice im missing a maf sensor and all I can find at my local junk yards are 90s model silverados would you know if they would work??