Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

93 Caprice Wagon LT1 5.7 Exhaust Set Up?

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2019, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 93 Caprice Wagon LT1 5.7 Exhaust Set Up?

Hello Bowtie Fam, I'm selling my ranger tomorrow and hopefully grabbing a '93 Caprice Wagon with the LT1 5.7 350 under the hood. I personally love the 5.7 350, I have had one in my '89 Silverado c1500 and my '90 Scottsdale k2500 when I owned them. I had hooker headers 3in output on the Silverado and loved the aggressive deep sound it gave my truck, I was a couple years younger and slightly dumber so I drove it with open heads for about a week until I couldn't deal with the exhaust killing me anymore lol. I eventually took it to the shop and had them put 3in pipes from the headers back to 3in input and out thrush rattlers, and then to 3in input chevy bowtie tips. I liked the thrush rattlers for about a month but after that it sounded and felt like I blew them in a way if that's even possible. Currently I am thinking about doing the same set up with 3in hooker headers, 3in pipes, 3in chevy bowtie tips, but instead of thrush rattlers I'm thinking about going with flowmaster 40's for a deep aggressive tone and a nice rumble at idle. In the past I have had thrush welded turbo on a 01 v6 blazer and then had a y pipe come out the output for a dual exhaust look, thrush has a nice rumble and a good flow feeling but I'm looking for something more aggressive since it's a 5.7 350 v8 and not a 4.3 v6 or something like that. What is going to give me the loudest and deepest sound muffler wise, I also want it to have a nice rumble at idle, also what will sound deeper and louder if I straight pipe it like my old silverado and do 2 mufflers like it had or if I get a flow 40 with a single input and dual out put and then y pipe it into a dual spit at the end. Any other mufflers or set up suggestions are welcome for the tone im looking for. I will keep them into consideration, but I'm pretty set on hooker headers, bowtie tips, possibly the flow 40s, and 3in ins and outs for it all. I did notice that my Silverado seemed to need some compensation with possibly a better intake manifold since the exhaust was a lot bigger than stock. Any suggestions for something to help balance the air coming in would be appreciated too. Sorry I worded everything like a noob and have no understanding of the use of a comma, thanks in advance.