Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Any Wagon Enthusiasts out there?

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2008, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Wagon Enthusiasts out there?

So no one wants to talk wagons, huh?

I just bought a 94 caprice Classic Wagon. We just had our first child, and I just couldn't buy a mini-van!
This car is a 1 owner, 98,000 mi. LT1 car.
Of course I have lots ofplans, but not sure what/when I can afford with a new baby in the house!
Would appreciate any tips re: wheels that fit without spending a fortune, customizing, performance mods, etc.

Some pics of my Caprice at
www.cornstalks.net
Old April 8th, 2008, 3:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Wagon Enthusiasts out there?

82 wagon here... i am looking into wheels for mine as well. If you're looking for a nice simple muscle car look, i suggest american racing torque thrust II or M wheels or the like. I love those and will probably go with them myself. Not too awefully expensive like some designer wheels. I imagine your car has 15X7 wheels. you'll have to ask or look online for the bolt pattern. but you should be able to go with an 8" wide wheel without a problem depending on the backspacing. I figured out my stock wheel backspacing to be about 4". that is something you'll have to figure if you go bigger. will the new wheel touch brake/steering components when the steering wheel is turned all the way and will tires rub (how much rubbing youre willing to have)? I just measured the clearance ofstock wheels and tires and now know how much larger i can go and how much further backspacing i can have without damaging the wheel.

Lots of figures to go over, but it should be worth it!

1010tires.com has a bunch of good info on tire/wheel tech and i'm sure you can find more in a search for wheel backspacing or wheel fitment.

Good luck! I'd love to see how it turns out!