Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Best place to find parts??

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2011, 12:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best place to find parts??

Outside of eBay and CL Where is the best place to find parts for a 91 Caprice? I'm having a hard time tracking down replacement parts for this thing. I'm specifically looking for an interior door panel and so far have found nothing.
Old September 29th, 2011, 1:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

found this in a google search in about 5 seconds
Replacement Door Panels: Impala & Caprice Store
Old September 29th, 2011, 3:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

91Caprice,

Try checking out gmpartsgiant.com. I've bought countless parts from them before for both my cars and some of my customers' cars (back when I officially worked at an auto garage ) and have been impressed by their reasonable prices for OEM Chevy parts. Sure beats paying a veritable arm and leg at the dealership

I didn't know that Caprice parts were so scarce. Have you been able to track down major mechanical (hard) parts such as fuel pumps, water pumps, etc?
Old September 29th, 2011, 3:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by MyBowTieGuy
91Caprice,

Try checking out gmpartsgiant.com. I've bought countless parts from them before for both my cars and some of my customers' cars (back when I officially worked at an auto garage ) and have been impressed by their reasonable prices for OEM Chevy parts. Sure beats paying a veritable arm and leg at the dealership

I didn't know that Caprice parts were so scarce. Have you been able to track down major mechanical (hard) parts such as fuel pumps, water pumps, etc?
Yea, another source is gmparts.com. Since I have old car I also use Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto .Only problem I have with rockauto is multiple items, may ship from different locations causing the cost to go up. I've also had to purchase from them for some specialty items for my 02 Mazda (running lights).
Old September 30th, 2011, 8:49 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by MyBowTieGuy
91Caprice,

Thanks, BowTie! I will definitely take a look there. I've literally been looking off and on for over a year. I guess my search terms in Google weren't appropriate??

I've been able to find mechanical parts and other various parts without much issue. It's mainly been interior stuff like the door panel (and general restoration items) that I've had a hard time tracking down.

I will give gmpartsgiant.com! :High 5:
Old September 30th, 2011, 8:52 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
found this in a google search in about 5 seconds
Replacement Door Panels: Impala & Caprice Store
Thanks, man. I'd actually run into this at one time myself but my Caprice has the Caprice Classic trim (with the door light and misc other things) and that door panel doesn't go with that. It's getting a panel with the appropriate trim options I'm having a problem with. The other two links given in the replies will hopefully give me what I'm looking for, though.