Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

chevy caprice won't start plz help

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2010, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry chevy caprice won't start plz help

I have a 91 chevy caprice classic 5.0L. I just changed my fuel pump two weeks ago and it was working fine. then i shut the car off at the store one day came back outside and tried to crank the car, the fuel gauge read overfull even though it was reading half full before I shut it off. but, I tried to crank and nothing. I sat there about ten minutes turning the key until I turned the key the last time and it finally read half talk and it crunk right up. right before it pulled in the driveway it cut off on me I crunk it back up and it started running crazy, wile in idle the car started reving up and down and tried to shut off also smoke came out of tailpipes. the next day it crunk back up and I ran it allday till i got home and shut it off i tried to crank it and it did the same thing.

I disconnected the battery and tried to reset it but nothing changed.

UPDATE!!!!!! lol this is funny it was the wire by the gas task it wasn't getting a good connection.

Last edited by ajayz2006; September 2nd, 2010 at 6:28 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!!!!!!