Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Help removing guage cluster

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2009, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help removing guage cluster

Well For starters I have a 94 caprice classic that I'm removing the engine drivetrair and all wiring to put in a 72 c10. I have the entire dash torn apart with the bezel, dashmat, and black support that everything screws into unbolted. I'm only having trouble with the two wire pigtails that plug into the back of the gauge cluster. There are these black plastic covers that look like they slide onto the black plastic that everthing mounts to. Anyone know how to get the wires unpluged from the gauge cluster anything helps.
Old August 11th, 2009, 2:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind I figured it out. I have the entire dash out and all wiring tagged and organized. Had to cut the door wiring but thats okay cause the truck doesn't have any elecs in the door but ill still put in elec locks and keyless. I have most interior trim pieces in great condition all tan/beige that I won't need. The car was rear ended to back doors on is no good so if anyone needs anything off a tan caprice thats not elec or engine/dribetrain let me know. Thanks.