Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Just bought a 85 Caprice Classic

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2017, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 85 Caprice Classic

Never been the one to seek out the old reliable Chevy's,especially at 21, well short story a friend sold me his 85 Caprice Classic for 200$ yesterday, carburetor is messed up, Windows roll down to the side, it's okay since i work in Auto Glass i can fix that by just adding the clip's that the Windows are missing,but yeah can someone help me with general info since i am a newbie to this
Old March 18th, 2017, 6:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Rochester 2-Jet Carb Manual- The Old Car Manual Project
Old March 23rd, 2017, 3:11 PM
CF Active Member

You may want to pick a Haynes manual for general information. They go for about $30 at Advance Auto stores.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dude

The guy who sold it to me made it into a half donk,i hate seeing cars turn into poop,im fixing up to get a new carb or rebuild it with my girlfriend, it leaks gas from the bottom of the choke,worst comes to worst ill buy a new or rebuilt one,also man this dude has the steering wheel loose literally half *** job,my ambition is to now replace​ the damn bench seat because its broken meaning if you sit on it you lean all the way back,with a new bench seat,new steering wheel,if not the steering wheel and colum if that came to be a problem,ive read the 305 aren't about performance but man I'm honestly a Nissan guy,first car was a 94 maxima se 3.2, but dang do i really want to make this Caprice into a more than a sedan,i want to make it quick and responsive and at the same timw reliable,im telling you this car is messed up,door panels half assed missing things, ugh i want to make this car up to par with a street rod atleast in a sense, not no donk!
Old March 23rd, 2017, 5:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad had an 81 Caprice with a 305 & automatic...
he got it changed to a 350, because "the 305s are "gutless" with an automatic, but not as bad with a manual tranny" my dad says...

(& maybe try looking for Haynes manuals at your library...
the one by my house has tons of Haynes manuals on the shelves...)

Last edited by Gravydog316; March 23rd, 2017 at 5:17 PM.