Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

New to the game and in need of help

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2018, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the game and in need of help

Hey guys i just bought my first caprice its a 1986 sedan with a 305 v8 in it. I have allot of questions and would like some advice and wisdom.

ive been wanting a caprice since i was young and now i finally have one. I would love to get into the box game and love to learn allot more.

i have been having trouble wiring in my radio and subs. The stock radiowas taken out and allot of things have been changed theres no rear speakers and i dont think the front speakers work. I have box speakers from an entertainment center. I also have a sub with a built in amp. Also i have 2 Ford ranger door speakers. Im not to good with wiring but i wired up the pig tail for the radio and it will turn on but no sound if someone has the wiring diagram for 1986 caprice that would great.

Any suggestions on what color i should paint it and what kind of rims i should get and any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old July 19th, 2018, 11:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

This is a wiring layout for most radios. Hope it helps.
Yellow12 Volt memory
Red12 volt ignition
Orange dash light illumination
Black radio chasis ground
Blue power antenna
White left front +
White/Blk left front -
Green left rear +
Green/Blk left rear -
Gray right front +
Gray/Blk right front -
Violet right rear +
Violet/Blk right rear -

Last edited by oldchevy; July 19th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.