Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

New Member 1988 Caprice Classic Brougham

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2014, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member 1988 Caprice Classic Brougham

Hello all,

I'm a new member from Reading, PA and just a few days ago bought a 1988 Caprice Classic Brougham. Its currently at my brother's about 3 hours away, where I bought it, having AC compressor replaced. I'll be moving it here soon to be garaged. When I figure out how to send pictures I will pass along.

Car is 2 tone, black/silver red pinstripe with a black vinyl top and blueish gray cloth interior, 305 CI., 59,000 original miles. Seller put a mere 300 miles on car in last 2.5 years. Exterior is in 9.5 of 10 shape with it having been repainted just 2 years ago and chrome is super. A few of the weather strips need to be replaced. Car was garaged its whole life.

I'll be restoring car and will need all the help I can get. For starters it needs headliner redone and interior detailed. Original radio is in trunk and I will reinstall it.

I'm anxious to move car here and learn more about it. I'm wondering how many option packages were offered in 1988 and am anxious to find out what option package I have.

Looking forward to working on this car and hope to get to know some of you better.

Thanks for having me.

Bucky Barbour
Old June 21st, 2014, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

I too just purchased a 1988 Caprice Classic LS Brohaum with 35,xxx miles. The body is in excellent shape as is the chrome. The front bumper filler is cracked and may need replaced.

The interior is in excellent condition. I would like to know more about the car too. Sometime we can take the VIN and find out more info, but not sure where to look. I would like to reproduce the window sticker to see what options were purchased.

Roger
Old June 23rd, 2014, 6:14 AM
CF Beginner

I hear you Roger.

Anyone out there know how to get detailed information on where our cars where purchased and what factory option came with cr?