Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

putting 2001 impala wheels on 93 caprice

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2018, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting 2001 impala wheels on 93 caprice

I have been thinking about changing wheels on my caprice and was wondering if anyone had used 2001 impala 16 inch wheels on the older impala or caprice. I know the bolt pattern is different but I do believe there are wheel adapters that I can use to make it work. has anyone done this and if so how did it work.
Old August 28th, 2018, 3:53 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 207caprice
I have been thinking about changing wheels on my caprice and was wondering if anyone had used 2001 impala 16 inch wheels on the older impala or caprice. I know the bolt pattern is different but I do believe there are wheel adapters that I can use to make it work. has anyone done this and if so how did it work.
Wont fit. 5X127 lug pattern vs, 5x120 bolt pattern. I would not even attempt that "adapter" at all. You could loose a wheel and kill someone or yourself. I've seen lots of tires
blow, axle shaft assemblies slip out, and tire and/ or wheels coming off at freeway speeds. It aint pretty sight, I am here to tell you. The force of these items coming off a moving vehicle are incredible at freeway speeds..

You'd also risk being sued and would lose the case, if someone gets injured or killed and the prosecuting attorney finds out that you messed with the wheels with an adapter, which they will once the cops arrive to take evidence of the avoidable "accident". In a fatality accident, you could end up behind bars for a long time. Don't do it.