Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Replace High Beam Headlamp in 83 Caprice

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2014, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace High Beam Headlamp in 83 Caprice

I can not find the body manual for my 83 Caprice. The passenger high beam headlamp is out. I tried looking on line on how to do it, but can nor find anything. In order to get the headlamp out, don't I have to move the battery first, then unplug the lamp. The next part I am fuzzy about. (last time I replace a headlamp was about 15 years ago).
Can someone walk me through it???

Old July 24th, 2014, 1:39 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. You need a star head screw driver. On the front headlight bezel (surrounding the passenger side low and high beam. You will take out all the screws you will have them on the side as well near the marker light) That chrome bezel will come right off you can hang off to the side. Now you will see the headlight. You will have to take the screws out holding in the headlight (will be a metal headlight bracket) looks likes these https://www.google.com/search?q=head...42%3B300%3B169

Then the headlight will pop right out unplug it and plug in new light.. and reverse steps put the bracket back in... then the chrome bezel. Not hard at all Make sure you replace the driver high beam as well. Normally you replace one you replace the other.
The following users liked this post:
Ryäń (August 30th, 2023)