Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2012 Captiva . Key stuck in ignition , car dead

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2018, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Captiva . Key stuck in ignition , car dead

Three times in the last couple of months I have gotten in my car to start it and it wouldn’t start. Dead car. And my key gets stuck in the ignition. I can’t remove the key at all. Two times my car jumped right off and the third time it wouldn’t jump off at all and my key would not come out either. I have been having problems with my key getting stuck in the ignition off and on for about 8 months but usually I can restart the car and take it out of park and then turn the car back off and the key will come out. I have had electrical problems in the past . A couple of years ago I was driving down the road and my radio and everything died on the car and my car just went dead. I took it to the dealership and they replaced an electrical box. I don’t know what the problem is this time but I am very concerned I am going to get stuck somewhere. Once this happened at the gas station.
Old October 29th, 2018, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

have they found out the problem my car doing the same thing
Old November 4th, 2018, 10:10 AM
cev
CF Beginner

check out the thread captiva electrical issues.....this is a big problem..mine is also having the same issues shulv has posted a fix for this, it seems to be a grounding issue
Old March 27th, 2019, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service Parking light on Key stuck in ignition and would not turn on

I'm trying to find out for my mother in law, she bought this vehicle about 4 years ago and has been having trouble ever since. A year ago we took it to a GM dealer and services abs system and paid over 1000 to get it serviced and now today she went to have breakfast and the car would not start, the key got stuck and then she believes that the anti theft light came on. I see all these posts that people put on here so I registered today cause she's a widow and has no money to be spending like this, are there any recalls on these things? Shouldn't Chevrolet help these people that are older and disabled. Can someone please give me some advise.? ALSO
there's a wire from the battery to starter that once messed with the vehicle starts once you put the key to turn it.

Last edited by CESAR FLORES; March 27th, 2019 at 5:24 PM.
Old October 18th, 2019, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Was there ever a fix found for this issue? My son's captiva (2013) wont start. no power and key gets stuck in the ignition too. I found the release for the key behind the dash panels. Help....