Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2012 Captiva LTZ AWD

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2018, 10:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Captiva LTZ AWD

My daughter has also experienced these issues. Key getting stuck in the ignition, stranding her in a parking lot. Radio turning off when activating the turn signals, high beams, adjusting the seat, hitting door lock button
Wje have taken it into the Chevy Dealer and all they found was a loose cable on the battery. Still happening.
Chevy should be issuing a recall on this vehicle and pay for the repairs. This is a safety issue!!
Old September 17th, 2018, 1:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Kclmkk
My daughter has also experienced these issues. Key getting stuck in the ignition, stranding her in a parking lot. Radio turning off when activating the turn signals, high beams, adjusting the seat, hitting door lock button
Wje have taken it into the Chevy Dealer and all they found was a loose cable on the battery. Still happening.
Chevy should be issuing a recall on this vehicle and pay for the repairs. This is a safety issue!!
There is a recall on the parking brake system of the 2012 Captiva. I dont trust parking brakes anyhow, but I also don't want see anyone to end up crushed, by a flaw, as actor Anton Yelchin was with a Chrysler automatic transmission shifter design flaw, allowing his 2015 Chrysler Grand Cherokee to roll down an incline, killing him.

Check this NHTSA site out for complaints about the vehicle and Type in the VIN of your Captiva and make sure the parking brake update was done:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2012/C...AWD#complaints

Last edited by oilcanhenry; September 17th, 2018 at 2:03 AM.