Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2013 Captiva - complete shut down

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2015, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 2013 Captiva - complete shut down

I have a 2013 Captiva that i purchased in October. It has roughly 37,500 miles on it. Haven't had any problems with it until last week when this problem happened twice. I drove home from work (about 25-30 mins) came home and shut the engine off, went inside for about 20 mins, then came back out to leave again. I put my bags in the back seat, hopped in the front and went to start the engine. Up until this point everything was working (electrical, lights, etc...) I turned the key in the ignition to start the car and everything shut down (lights, radio, dash) the car wouldn't even turnover. I tried to take the key out of the ignition and it would turn, but not come out. I read the owner's manual and the only this that I could find that might match the problem was the PASS-Key III system. The only difference is with that you are supposed to be able to take the key out of the ignition and after 5 mins the system should come back on. So I decided to wait, after 10 mins there was no change. I began looking online and even tried checking the fuse box, even though the owners manual didn't specify which fuse to check for the PASS-key system. After 20 mins, the power locks unlocked the car and the lights came back on. I pulled the key out of the ignition, put it back in, and started the car. At this point it seemed fine, the main components I was checking were functioning. I pulled out of the driveway and started to get on the highway and realized I had to turn signals or radio. After another 15 mins everything was fully functional again. My concern is that it has happened twice in the same week. I took it to the dealership and they cannot recreate the problem.
Anyone have any insight on this???