Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2014 Chevrolet Captiva HVAC issue (no heat)

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2017, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2014 Chevrolet Captiva HVAC issue (no heat)

On an older car I know what to check and as they're a fairly simple system, but these newer cars and this electronic HVAC for all I know there's a known issue with a relay or actuator or who knows. Which is what I'm asking, is their any known cause of the HVAC controls not yeilding heat when they should? I turn the temp setting full on heat, fan on, (not auto) and vent to the desired ones (not auto or defrost) and I get ambient air.... wtf!? Give me back cables or vacuum lines! That ****s easy to fix! This is my wifes car (our family car) winter is coming, I need that car/SUV/crossover thing to have heat, it went from working fine to nothing. Engine temp is fine hovering in the low to mid 180's when driving. (would have expected higher on these newer cars, more like 195-210 *shrug*)
Old October 24th, 2017, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

I sure hope someone with some understanding provides some advice soon. I'm having the same issue. No heat and it's getting cold!!
Old October 24th, 2017, 3:10 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Not knowing the system/car, first check fuses, go from there.
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same issue last winter except I would get cold air when set on the warmest setting. It would eventually work correctly usually at some random time later in the day.
Old October 27th, 2017, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Its not a fuse, I Che need all HVAC related fuses. It randomly started working again the other day according to my wife. Soo *shrug* hopefully it stays that way.
Old October 28th, 2017, 1:30 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by CindyF
I sure hope someone with some understanding provides some advice soon. I'm having the same issue. No heat and it's getting cold!!
If worse come too bad, you can always use one of these 12 volt heaters.

RoadPro 300 Watt 12-Volt Heater at RoadTrucker.com

12 volt truckers heater