Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Captiva electrical problems

Old February 3rd, 2017, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Captiva electrical problems

My 2012 Chevy Captiva has the same electrical problems as described over and over again on these forums. Radio will go off randomly, lights will flicker, the car will not start and the key will get stuck (the car is completely dead), only to be working fine a few minutes later.
I saw somewhere that it had something to do with the battery cables and/ or sensor. Can anyone confirm? I want to get it fixed, but as a single parent I don't have money to spend on endless diagnostics. I already had my car in the shop twice and they couldn't fix it.
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mbeich
My 2012 Chevy Captiva has the same electrical problems as described over and over again on these forums. Radio will go off randomly, lights will flicker, the car will not start and the key will get stuck (the car is completely dead), only to be working fine a few minutes later.
I saw somewhere that it had something to do with the battery cables and/ or sensor. Can anyone confirm? I want to get it fixed, but as a single parent I don't have money to spend on endless diagnostics. I already had my car in the shop twice and they couldn't fix it.
Welcome to the forum, mbeich,

We’re very sorry to learn that you’ve been experiencing these electrical concerns in your Chevy. This is certainly not the feedback we like to hear, and we apologize for any inconveniences caused. We’d be happy to review your VIN for any details that may relate to your symptoms. To proceed, please provide your full VIN and current mileage in a private message at your earliest convenience.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread