Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Electrical Problems/Traction Control/Radio cuts out/Key stuck in ignition/Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2017, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Electrical Problems/Traction Control/Radio cuts out/Key stuck in ignition/Won't Start

My 2014 Chevy Captiva Sport LTZ is experiencing all of these problems. I have taken it to the dealer but they state they cannot find anything wrong with the car as the problem is intermittent and is always on it's best behavior when at the dearlership.

I have noticed that wiggling the negative battery cable relieves the problems for a short while but the symptoms always return. Therefore, I stated digging and came across the following OEM Service update... 13186: Service Update For Inventory And Customer Vehicles – Incorrect Battery Current Sensor On Negative Battery Cable Assembly which can be found here... https://gm.oemdtc.com/7604/13186-ser...-chevrolet-gmc

Long story short, it seems the negative battery assembly is causing these intermittent issues. Replace your battery cable assembly if you are having the same symptoms.

Hope this helps others like me.