Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Over Active Tranction Control and Stabilizer Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2018, 4:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over Active Tranction Control and Stabilizer Problem

I have a 2013 Sport Captiva. Recently the Traction Control and Stabilizer service light came on and will not deactivate, The Car reacts by causing the coolant temperature to increase getting to over 100F as well as tightening the wheels resulting in the car not being unable to drive until it is cool down. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a issue with the fan and said I could drive the car just do not turn on the A/C until the parts can be ordered, I followed their instruction but the same thing happed again. I went back to the dealer and this time they ordered new parts at the cost of over $1,000.00 (Parts for the traction control, stabilizer and fan). After waiting on the parts for a week or so, they finally came and I was told to collect the car. The same day I took the Car home
-the problem that I had before re occurred. What could be the problem and how can this be fixed?

Last edited by Bewildered; January 24th, 2018 at 4:08 AM.
Old January 24th, 2018, 4:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post the fault codes that set.
Old January 24th, 2018, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2013 Sport Captiva. Recently the Traction Control and Stabilizer service light came on and will not deactivate, The Car reacts by causing the coolant temperature to increase getting to over 100F as well as tightening the wheels resulting in the car not being unable to drive until it is cool down. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a issue with the fan and said I could drive the car just do not turn on the A/C until the parts can be ordered, I followed their instruction but the same thing happed again. I went back to the dealer and this time they ordered new parts at the cost of over $1,000.00 (Parts for the traction control, stabilizer and fan). After waiting on the parts for a week or so, they finally came and I was told to collect the car. The same day I took the Car home
-the problem that I had before re occurred. What could be the problem and how can this be fixed?
Old January 24th, 2018, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Problem might have fixed fingers cross..