Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Transmission Issue?

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2018, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Issue?

I accelerated to pass a car in my 2006 Silverado. I heard a loud bang. The truck will no longer move in drive or third gear. Reverse, 1st and 2nd are functioning when I shift on the column. I can accelerate in second and then shift on column to third gear and it is functioning with some slight humming.

Any advice on whether this will require a rebuild? What will be the projected costs?

Attempting to get it repaired this week.

Old December 6th, 2018, 1:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyMan
I accelerated to pass a car in my 2006 Silverado. I heard a loud bang. The truck will no longer move in drive or third gear. Reverse, 1st and 2nd are functioning when I shift on the column. I can accelerate in second and then shift on column to third gear and it is functioning with some slight humming.

Any advice on whether this will require a rebuild? What will be the projected costs?

Attempting to get it repaired this week.
Look on Yelp for reviews. Cost for a GOOD rebuild can go to 3000 to 3500 $dollars, Dont use AAMCO..They have a bad reputation and have for decades..

You could also replace it with a factory, or a local shop rebuilt unit, that way you are on the road sooner.