Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2000 chevy cavalier instrument panel, blinkers and radio not working

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 chevy cavalier instrument panel, blinkers and radio not working

Please help me figure out whats wrong.

My blinkers have been going on the fritz. They ocassionally work. We thought it couldbe a fuse and I changed it and still isn't working. Could it possibly be the blinker relay? we took that out yesterday but put itback in because we didn't have time to go buy one.

My instrument gauge panel stopped working yesterday after we took out the relay and put it back in. I can't tell how fast I am driving, how much gas I have or how warm my car is. I don't know whats wrong! help me!

Also my radio is an aftermarket radio. It has been working until the past year it would die randomly then I'd start up my car one time and it would work again for awhile. Now its completely not working. In the summer we took it out and looked at it. Put it back in and it wouldnt work until we shoved it in hard and it started to work again for about 2 weeks then died. Ever since it hasn't worked.

If anyone could help me figure out any of these problem I'd be very happy. Thank you!