Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2004 cavalier WONT START AIR CUTS OUT

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2015, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 cavalier WONT START AIR CUTS OUT

Im trying to fix my moms car its cold and the heater cuts in and out and it wont start sometimes.

04 cavalier base manual.

I think it started after we put in a new head unit.
The air cuts in and out randomly. If you turn the ignition on and the fan is blowing it will start right up if you turn the ignition on and the fan isn't blowing the car will not do a damn thing when you turn the key the rest of the way no clicks nothing.
The only way we can start it when it does this is with a paper clip we cross the leads 3 and 2 on the crannk relay. After that while driving the air will cut in and out constantly turning the **** up and down doesn't help I tried replaceing the crank relay nothing checked all related fuses all look good im Stumped.
My uncle said it could possibly be the temp control sensor or something like that. Any help would much be appreciated by me and my mother.
Old December 13th, 2015, 3:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds a lot like an ignition switch issue to me or something with voltage supply