Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2005 cavi wont shift out of 1st, DRL always on

Old May 6th, 2016, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 cavi wont shift out of 1st, DRL always on

just started with this weird issue the other morning, the car wont shift out of first gear, and the DRL is on even when it is in park, which it shouldn't be. makes me think that the computer thinks the shifter is in first gear position, so im pretty sure its safe to say its a wiring wiring issue

but im not 100% sure where to start, so i was wondering if someone could point me in a direction where to start? bad/broken ground? power wire too a module possibly?

thank in advance

code that pop up RIGHT away after reset of computer
Old May 10th, 2016, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryley_999
just started with this weird issue the other morning, the car wont shift out of first gear, and the DRL is on even when it is in park, which it shouldn't be. makes me think that the computer thinks the shifter is in first gear position, so im pretty sure its safe to say its a wiring wiring issue

but im not 100% sure where to start, so i was wondering if someone could point me in a direction where to start? bad/broken ground? power wire too a module possibly?

thank in advance

code that pop up RIGHT away after reset of computer

anyways..
found the problem,
bad purge valve blowing the erls fuse,

Search this Thread