Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2005 coupe

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2021, 6:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 coupe

Have a few questions, any help would be appreciated.

Id like to get rid of the ugly reverse bar on the trunk for my coupe, i was wondering if you could take a sedans trunk that has no bar, and put it on and use those tailights as well, i like the tailights most sedans have anyways, and would prefer to have those.

i know the colbolt ss has a super charger on it, and that its a 2.0L motor, but would it swap over to my 2.2L ecotec motor or do i have to look elsewhere for power adders?

i have crank windows, id like to put power windows in my car, ive checked the fuse box beside the dash, and it has a fuse place for it, i was wondering if its possible, if anyones done it, and what in all i would need to do it, would i need doors with them already on? Could i just replace my pannels and attach the motor to my stock door? Would i be able to plug it into my factory wiring harness or would i need a new one? Those kinda things

is there an option to change the drum brakes on the rear to disk breaks or am i stuck with ugly drums for the rest of the cars life?

thank you for taking the time to read this, and respond if you do, any help is appreciated, and i hope this helps anyone that has similar questions
Old June 12th, 2021, 9:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

gm made a supercharger kit for the 2.2 ecotec. although its no longer sold thru gm performance parts you can get everything you need. zzperformance sells such a kit.
check jbody.org for cavalier mods.