Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

95 cavalier 2.2 engine problems here and there need advice

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2010, 4:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 cavalier 2.2 engine problems here and there need advice

my car was having problems in january 2010 we replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and i think something else. then found out the 2 coils need to be replaced. this fixed the problem but we were told the computer (ecm) does not cumunicate when scanned cant find any codes and its going bad and will need to be replaced. the coils were replaced about 2 months ago and now its acting up again. when driving faster than about 23mph the engine starts to rev loudly but doesnt go that fast so i have to take my foot off the gas until it doesnt make that noise. we went back to the place that repaced the 2coils they said the ac always runs when they had the hood up. and something else i completly forgot i will find the paper and update. we were thinking the other coils need to be replaced or the ecm needs to be replaced or could it be the catilyic converter or any other advice. we dont have much money to spend