Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

95 cavalier obd2 port obd1 ecm to 96/7 obd2 ecm

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2013, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 cavalier obd2 port obd1 ecm to 96/7 obd2 ecm

Can I install a 96/7 OBD2 ecm in this 95. It has the bastard child obd 1.5 setup.
I assume the answer is yes, how involved might it be.
If so is there anything electronically different between 95 and 96/7 2.2's?

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Cody Carr (February 22nd, 2020)
Old October 18th, 2019, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Yukon Denali OBD2 no link

I noticed my check engine light went off and does not even come on for a few seconds when I first turn the key to on position. Prior to this, I bad scanned it and came up with gas gauge code. I bought a new scanner and it will not link. The scanner powers up when I plug it in, it will just not link. Anyone have a similar issue? Check engine light should at least come on for a few seconds at start up and it doesn't. Now there is no link also. All fuses are good. Any suggestions? I'm going to take it to autozone and see if same happens when they scan it to verify it is not just my scanner. Thanks.
Old October 18th, 2019, 9:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph Evans
I noticed my check engine light went off and does not even come on for a few seconds when I first turn the key to on position. Prior to this, I bad scanned it and came up with gas gauge code. I bought a new scanner and it will not link. The scanner powers up when I plug it in, it will just not link. Anyone have a similar issue? Check engine light should at least come on for a few seconds at start up and it doesn't. Now there is no link also. All fuses are good. Any suggestions? I'm going to take it to autozone and see if same happens when they scan it to verify it is not just my scanner. Thanks.
The OBD scanner might be defective. Lots of things, once made in North America, are not operating properly and that may include the scanner you have. Yeah, I'd take it to
one the parts store and get some codes off of your vehicle, if possible. If they show codes, then your scanner was defective and they owe you a refund, IMO.
The following users liked this post:
Cody Carr (February 22nd, 2020)
Old April 16th, 2020, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 chevy suburban 2500 please help

Ok here is where I am, new cam, crank,Maf,distributor cap,rotor button,plugs,wires,water temp sensor,fuel filter, fuel pump. All new. Only codes it throws is O2 sensor 1 in both banks not working or something. New relay for fuel pump. Power on the constant at the tank and the relays. It is hard to start and when it does it idels either smooth for a bit then falls on its face. Misfires when fuel applied but sometimes it will rev up. I'm lost here.... I am going after a used Ecm tommrow and pray that's the issue. The MIL light on dash just stays on in acc position never goes out or blinks. Clear the codes and they stay off for a minute when it does start... any ideas welcome here. It started after I crossed a track hard and the center of the MAF fell out. Parked it for a year and replaced that and all the other things this week but nothing is fixing it. Also I dont here the pump cycle when you turn the key on but its getting power

Last edited by Travis Roberts; April 16th, 2020 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Forgot something