Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

96 cavailer injector problems... please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2016, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 cavailer injector problems... please help!!!!

So I have a 96 cavailer of course one of the injectors started leaking so I ordered on off ebay didn't work the guy exchanged it that one didn't work both would make car sputters and idle like crap so I got one from ORILEYS and that one didn't work on Google I haven't found much and no one really seems to know.. do I have to replace all four at once? Is there a way to sync pulse with old injectors if that's the issue? Please guys anything will help I'm just lost... also it's not the wiring, I can put the new injector in any cylinder and a miss fire code follows... thanks for the help
Old April 23rd, 2016, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Anybody????
Old April 23rd, 2016, 7:59 PM
CF Veteran

no nothing special needs done but if the only thing causing the misfire is the injector I would be trying an OEM one. I wouldn't think you've gotten 3 bad injectors in a row but if the miss follows it then theres not really any other explanation.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

That's what I thought its hard to believe that I got three bad ones and I went to 3 pull a parts and s10,berreta and sunfires that's the only thing missing. I just don't want to spend 400 or even another 100 for on and it don't work. On alldatapro the confirmed fixes are replace all four. Is it true if there not balanced it will cause this? Don't know if bottom feed all have to be the same
Old April 24th, 2016, 10:51 AM
CF Veteran

there isn't much balancing going on with that era, replacing them all isn't a bad idea since you're already there but it shouldn't make a difference no
Old April 24th, 2016, 11:09 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah well I took the other injector back only have one left I just don't understand how one won't work been working on cars for 12 years and never seen something like this granted the car is older then me lol... thanks for the help hopefully some that has had this car can tell me what's going on. What also blows my mind is the injectors in there are not ac delco.... so.... Yeah trying to find same brand that's been in there
Old May 6th, 2016, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

I replaced all four injectors with delphi ones all flow matched car started running good again and no leaks