Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

ac/heat blower motor

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac/heat blower motor

I have been having some issues with my 2000 z24 lately. I won't go into details on all of them, but when I bought the car only the top two fan speeds worked on the ac/heater blower. I think it is the resister that needs to be replaced but the other day my blower quit all together. I spoke to a shop and they said they recommend replacing both b/c the blower motor is probably drawing too much electricity causing the resister to burn out... I am just wondering if this is probably the case? I found resisters on ebay for about $30 and used blower motors for around $35 and new ones around $50. My car is at about 186k miles and so I am leaning toward a used one but I think I am going to buy the resister first. Any thoughts? Anyone replaced these parts? Suggestions?
Old December 18th, 2011, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so I pulled the resistor and blower motor. The back screw on the resistor was a PITA! The resister looked like it was the original (made in Mexico). It actually looked carroded (like condensation go on it). After putting the new resistor in the factory fan ran like a champ, so I brought the Napa replacement back. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the new resistor doesn't burn out any time soon.