Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

banging my head off garage floor........

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2011, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banging my head off garage floor........

can anyone tell me where the a/c pressure switch connector is? any pics? just replaced accumulator,compressor,orifice. vacuumed,cleaned and refilled with proper amounts of oil and r134a and it blows beautiful cold air but the problem is is the compressor only kicks on when i jump power to it. i read many threads about the a/c pressure switch and connector going bad but i cant find the SOB. any help would be appreciated. thank you
Old June 29th, 2011, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't anybody answer anything on this forum? Come on guys and girls. I asked two questions and nearly 100 people read them with no replies. JUST KIDDING............... these a/c questions are killing me too. Well i learned today that on my daughters 02 cav the a/c pressure switch with connector on it is located right next to the high pressure port for the a/c. (looking near top left of radiator) I just thought i would throw that out there if it helps anybody. And yes as soon as i touched it i realized there is a wire broken off right at the three pin pigtail. $17 at advanced auto. Also the system requires 24 oz of r134a and 9 oz of PAG 150 oil.