Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Car starts and dies anti theft light solid on

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2018, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starts and dies anti theft light solid on

I have a 1998 z24 bought the car and it ran good for a couple of weeks and then a ignition coil went bad replace both coils along with boots and plugs car ran good for a week or so then my ignition control module went bad so bought that brand new put it in and now car starts cuts off 2secs later. Dash lights up like normal but anti theft light is solid on and after you crank it over and the car runs and shuts off the check engine light blinks once and wont come back on. So i thought let me reset the anti theft system, go from off to crank let it start and die leave the key in the on position for 10min wait for the light to go out ect.... well i the light never goes out it just stays on what could be causing this and preventing me from doing the reset on the anti theft ???????
Old January 20th, 2018, 8:40 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

One thing to try, turn ignition switch on without starting it. Let it set for half hour, and without turning the switch off, crank/start it.