Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

chattering under dash above steering wheel, no start, 02 cav, fuel pump issue

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2007, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chattering under dash above steering wheel, no start, 02 cav, fuel pump issue

Hello
i have an 02 cavalier 2.2, car just spins no start, there is a chattering under the dash, above steering wheel, sounds like a relay opening and closing, chatter can also be heard when key is in acc position, problem is intermittent. Bought fuel pump relay, same problem. When the chatter is not there, car will start. Help is appreciated.[/align]
Old January 10th, 2008, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: chattering under dash above steering wheel, no start, 02 cav, fuel pump issue

i just fixed my 2002 chevy cavalier that had funny sounds comming from the dash on my car it was that the acc switch wire harness was loose the car started sometimes, burned icm, and didnt give spark fixed that harness and all better
Old April 20th, 2008, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: chattering under dash above steering wheel, no start, 02 cav, fuel pump issue

Frank - what did you do to fix it exactly? And is this harness located inside the steering column? I'm having the exact same problem and it sounds like you've solved it nicely. Any details you can give would be GREATLY appreciated!